Request for Admission
Beacon consists of two public charter schools, Founders Academy and Beacon Charter High School for the Arts. Our schools are open to students in sixth through twelfth grade from any community in Rhode Island. By Rhode Island law and regulations from the Rhode Island Department of Education, students are admitted to Beacon by lottery. This lottery determines which applicants are enrolled the following school year. Generally, Beacon has up to 45 slots in 6th grade, only 15 in grade 9 and zero to 10 openings in grades 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12. Applicants who are not selected for open seats are placed on our waiting list. Should an opening become available, those applicants will be contacted in order.
Applications for 2020-2021 are now available!
- English 2020-2021 Charter School Lottery Application
- Spanish 2020-2021 Charter School Lottery Application
- Portuguese 2020-2021 Charter School Lottery Application
Other Application Options
- If you need a paper application, please call the school at (401) 671-6261.
- Si necesita la solicitud en papel por favor llame a la escuela al (401) 671-6261.
Tuesday, Nov. 19th @ 5:30pm
Thursday, Jan. 30th @ 7pm
1 Social Street, Woonsocket, RI 02895
- Click here to view the 2019 Founders Open House Slideshow Presentation.
BEACON CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS:
Tuesday, Nov. 19th @ 7pm
Thursday, Jan. 30th @ 5:30pm
320 Main Street, Woonsocket, RI 02895
- Click here to view the 2019 Beacon Open House Slideshow Presentation .
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 28, 2020 @ 4pm
The lottery takes place on Monday, March 2, 2020. Therefore, all applications must be received by February 28th, 2020 at 4pm. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THIS TIME WILL BE PLACED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WAITING LIST AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF THE LOTTERY. This includes applications for siblings of current Founders or Beacon students. All families will be notified of the results of the lottery by mail.
Contact the Admissions Team
To contact our Admissions Team call (401) 671-6261 extension 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Admissions Procedure for New Students Revised February 2020